Hello

Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Topic: News #25: Upcoming changes and plans  (Read 313 times)

• You win or you die, there's no middle ground.
  • Awards For people who joined DDC community in 2009
News #25: Upcoming changes and plans
« on: 03. July 2019, 00:25:29 »

Hey everyone, so as Ludi and I have taken up acting ownership we have a lot in mind for DDC. We can assure you we didn't take up acting ownership for nothing and we plan to make some changes. As DDC is kind of one big mess right now we're reworking and remaking a bunch of stuff. Here is a tl;dr to some of the changes we have planned:
1- Update ACL/CMD list
2- Admins cleanup
3- Remove and change inactive leaders
4- Change the inactive inquisition
5- Events and Dailies
6- Change the "Global admin" system
7- Map testing
8- Separate Cross Server
9- Info about polls
10- Members with new positions

To go into further detail here's an explanation/what's changing in said topics:
1- Commands list
The server's ACL and commands list has been updated, find the new list of commands here

2- Admins cleanup
Due to a large number of admins having global high levels on the server we're wiping the global admin list. (This also gets rid of inactive admins)
Concerning arena admins, arena leaders, Ludi, and myself will be on the lookout for inactive admins and be removing them. (Yes you can still raise your activity, we will be starting to check activity from now) Ex- admins can re-request for admins levels and we urge the leaders to keep in mind that said player was an ex admin.
(see more about Global admin system in #6)

3- Remove and change inactive leaders
We're taking a deep dive into leaders' attendance and removing the inactive leaders which brings me to the next point, we're actively looking for new and active leaders.
We're currently looking for:
1 Night leader (Replaces Ludi)
1 Lemon leader (Replaces Johnny)
1 Shooter leader (Replaces NM)
1 Cross leader
1 Pink leader (Replaces Pato)

We will be searching for these players and if you think you're right for the job PM me or Ludi.
We also decided that Red should only have 1 leader. Also, Linez and Freeroam having leaders is useless since the servers a bit obsolete, so we're removing their leaders.
Note: Server leaders are now level 9 and are according to the updated "Admin Commands"

4- Change the inactive inquisition
As we don't see anyone who's active and capable enough of doing the job, Ludi and I will be taking up abuse reports for now.

5- Events and Dailies
Taurus, Jathushan, Michael, Ludi and Banshee will be holding events from now on with the help of any referees they choose (Level R has now been created and fit to manage events check cmds in "Admin Commands"). Right now, we're not planning to restart Lemon daily, we will be finishing TNT and Red daily before looking into further events although we do have a few ideas in mind (other than dailies) so stay tuned, and maybe even restart xDD (if players request or want that).

6- Change the "Global Admin" system
I don't really see why someone level 6-7 on one Arena (Which means the arena's leader trusts him) should be level 6-7 on all other arenas (maybe other leaders don't want him), so while I'm not against it, it needs a change. From now on the admins level 6+ on any arena will only get level 4 on all other arenas. Note that Global levels 5+ are not request-able but given by Owners as they see fit.
There is also now a Global Admins list and they will no longer be added into individual arena admin lists. You can see the list below Useful Links "Global Admins"

7- Map testing
We're also looking for maptesters to decide which map goes where, pick out bad maps and report maps on arenas which they shouldn't be on etc.
We also made a new topic for Maptesting which explains how and where to submit maps and keeps you informed as to which maps are accepted/denied, you can find it under "Useful Links". Taurus will be keeping it up to date.
PM me or Ludi if you think you can do it.

8- Separate Cross Server
After a lot of digging, and with the help of BloodStason, we were able to recover old Cross files once again and we'll be re-opening the separate Old Cross server with no plans to shut it down again.
Air and I will be taking up leadership of it.
Due to complications, the server's launch has been delayed (Was supposed to launch with this announcement), more info will be posted soon

9- Info about polls
Not much to say yet, but we are looking into restarting polls and are looking for a poll manager, PM me or @Ludi if you think you can do it.

10- Members with new positions
This is simply to inform of the people who got positions with these changes.
Majestic, Ludi - Acting owners, Abuse mods
Ludi - Daily Manager
Taurus- Maptester, Designer, Daily manager, Lemon leader
Air, Michael - Developers
NoHear - Modeler
Majestic, Air - Old Cross leaders

- Removed Herobrine
« Last Edit: 03. July 2019, 01:04:55 by Ludi »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

• Less is more.
  • Awards For skilled photoshop users People who make award badges For people with a driver's licence
Re: News #25: Upcoming changes and plans
« Reply #1 on: 03. July 2019, 00:39:40 »
I'm glad I have the opportunity to help this community again. Hope everyone's efforts will pay off, I'm sure we're going to the right direction. GL DDC!
« Last Edit: 03. July 2019, 11:41:38 by Taurus »

• Awards For people who joined DDC community in 2007 Poll award Mr.Keeping You Alive / PCA 17 Mr.Admin / PCA 17 Poll award Referee Players Choice Awards Mr.Admin / PCA 16 Mr.Sunshine / PCA 16 Mr.Keeping You Alive / PCA 16 For people who work a lot Given to people who post well written messages
« Reply #2 on: 03. July 2019, 00:58:35 »
This is just the beginning, we are working on more things and improving the forum/server as much as possible! I would like to thank all the people who are working hard on rebuilding DDC, you guys know who you are.

• Playing since '09
« Reply #3 on: 03. July 2019, 01:24:50 »
Nice to see you at least didn't toss my suggestions, keep going.
Maps on server: HalfScoping DD - Don't Trust Your Eyes DD - Cross (SSoA Edition) - Ich War Noch Niemals In New York - Rushing Through Los Santos

• ◄...if you did things badly, badly you'll end...►
  • Awards For people who joined DDC community in 2010
    • INT Clan TV
« Reply #4 on: 03. July 2019, 10:50:50 »
Keep in this way family! Btw I'm happy that Taurus has more participation from now on. He always was a helpful piece for the community.

Edit: thanks that GM bug was fixed lol
« Last Edit: 03. July 2019, 14:38:01 by eViL15 🏃👀 »

« Reply #5 on: 03. July 2019, 21:31:39 »
you cowboys had better not hop on my dick, disgusting gay boys

« Reply #6 on: 15. July 2019, 05:47:26 »
Glad to see ddc  finally getting back to a solid state. Miss ya boys

« Reply #7 on: 15. July 2019, 09:22:45 »
Can i replace Johnny?  :kappa: