Hello

Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Topic: News #28: A New Chapter  (Read 1969 times)

• Zune
  • Midnight Team

• We never learnt to say good bye
  • Awards TNT - 1st place
Re: News #28: A New Chapter
« Reply #15 on: 10. February 2020, 02:08:39 »
bring dkr freeroam back

• Awards For people with a driver's licence Mr.Annoying / PCA 19 Mr.Annoying / PCA 16 Mr.Change Bad / PCA 16 Mr.Annoying / PCA 17
« Reply #16 on: 13. February 2020, 15:13:09 »
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #17 on: 13. February 2020, 18:04:59 »
Gtfo bonsai

« Reply #18 on: 01. March 2020, 08:53:56 »
someone who not just killed DDC once before

I always thought you blamed that on me. I feel sad now for taking that "honor" away from me.

Seriously though.. Why not turn those ideas into valid constructive ones. After all, you might have your point, and one idea would be to keep the custom client as a parallel project at least at the beginning, but hating on someone that jumps in to work on the project does not help either.

PS: saml1er! nice to see you are back on track :p

« Reply #19 on: 01. March 2020, 12:07:46 »

I always thought you blamed that on me. I feel sad now for taking that "honor" away from me.

Seriously though.. Why not turn those ideas into valid constructive ones. After all, you might have your point, and one idea would be to keep the custom client as a parallel project at least at the beginning, but hating on someone that jumps in to work on the project does not help either.

Aibo, you, Samler, you all killed it one by one.

Aibo scamming money off Tails for a script he never finished (or even worked on?) caused you to take over.
You not giving a shit anymore after an initial script version but staying for years anyway caused Samler to take over.
Samler thinking his own script is better than yours while it was one big bug of shit caused Tails to close DDC and join ffs.

Its tragic that you guys don't even realise what you did and think you were right.

« Reply #20 on: 01. March 2020, 14:50:08 »

Aibo, you, Samler, you all killed it one by one.

Aibo scamming money off Tails for a script he never finished (or even worked on?) caused you to take over.
You not giving a shit anymore after an initial script version but staying for years anyway caused Samler to take over.
Samler thinking his own script is better than yours while it was one big bug of shit caused Tails to close DDC and join ffs.

Its tragic that you guys don't even realise what you did and think you were right.

I'll bite. I do not know about the rest. Seems you know more.

I helped maintain everything in the old servers plus the website and servers in the first place. We are not talking about new developments here, only maintenance. What's to blame there?

Secondly, we (Taild and I in this) started a secondary server idea, to replace old servers in the future and attract new school players. That was first drafts of a multigamemode / Blue 2.0, you name it. And it did not go far. I spent hours in it working on many neat features, and now that I look back at it I see that the problem was that it was too much for a single person, and we chose to work on all the features instead of releasing a working basic core first and then improve it gradually. You might blame me, but all my developments (when applicable) from vMafia were donated to the project. There was sht like full integration with the forums in not just the login (also manageable tournaments linked to the forum and so, IIRC).

Over the time I did not get the time to keep it up myself because of work, saml1er joined and took it, due to personal reasons I had to completely leave it in his hands. And I do not know much more about what happened there until one day I tried to join the forums again and saw the redirection to FFS.

Seriously, what is it to blame when all that people put their free time on it on a best effort basis. I remember back then FFS making "big" money from "donations", and I know they did earn something, that lets you focus a bit more in the project, of course. Specially if at some point you could even make a living out of it (FFS looked like capable of that back then).

In the end... Want a good-old DDC that stays maintaied by people just for the love towards the community? Opensource it.

And for real, what's the point of all the hate and strong decisions all the time?

• ಠ_ಠ
  • Awards Referee Mr.Funny Man / PCA 16 For people who work a lot ;7 For skilled photoshop users For people who joined DDC community in 2010 For people with a driver's licence
« Reply #21 on: 01. March 2020, 20:35:15 »
déjà vu

• Awards Mr.Admin / PCA 19 Mr.Awesome / PCA 19 Mr.Clever / PCA 19 Mr.Good Looking / PCA 19 Mr.Keeping You Alive / PCA 19 I left DDC, oh wait? I'm back after two days! Mr.Keeping You Alive / PCA 17 Mr.Good Looking / PCA 17 Mr.Clever / PCA 17 Mr.Awesome / PCA 17 Mr.Admin / PCA 17 Hardworker of the year 2017
« Reply #22 on: 01. March 2020, 21:06:43 »
i've just been in this place before

« Reply #23 on: 01. March 2020, 21:44:52 »
Higher on the street

« Reply #24 on: 02. March 2020, 09:39:10 »
That's dope
(click to show/hide)

• Awards For people who joined DDC community in 2007 Mr.Retard / PCA 19 Mr.Good Looking / PCA 19 Mr.Clever / PCA 19 Mr.Change Bad / PCA 19 Mr.Abuser / PCA 19 Poll award Mr.Keeping You Alive / PCA 17 Mr.Admin / PCA 17 Poll award Referee Mr.Sunshine / PCA 16
« Reply #25 on: 06. March 2020, 23:13:51 »
Unfortunately, we have to announce that Sam has left DDC and his project, which means the stuff written in these topic are probably not happening for now. This is actually the second time Sam left, the first time we managed to get him back on track, but after the second time it was pretty clear to us that his intentions aren't to help DDC and that he doesn't like to work in a team environment (getting triggered by suggestions and ideas from other developers etc).

Right now we have a new login coming up which was created by Sam and will be implemented soon on the server, but other than that unfortunately there will only be small development projects and improvements by Cat and Michael.

For more information and questions/answers for future plans you can visit this topic. Owners and Developers will try to answer them.
« Last Edit: 06. March 2020, 23:22:43 by Ludi »