Hello

Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Topic: Admin requests and DDC as a clan in the community  (Read 833 times)

Admin requests and DDC as a clan in the community
« on: 15. July 2020, 19:47:00 »
Hello everyone!

Another "drama" topic just to keep things fun.

Recently, after I've become more active on the servers I came across a few interesting things, which led me to a yellow card - as seen on my profile - and that came with me not being able to request for any admin level.
I tried requesting once on lemon before all this, but it got denied due to my lack of activity. [HERE]
As you can see in the topic, I used to lead the arena, so I thought that requesting level 5 wouldn't be an issue. I know what an admin does and what it's supposed to do. I didn't really put much time into it, clearly visible. It isn't really different from these requests too, if the look at them overall. [1] [2] [3]
Usually if you do not share the same IQ as an ape and you speak english - you get at least some level. Seems like I don't reach that level haha. (I didn't say this because of the requests I mentioned above, just admin requests overall. Nothing personal against anyone, big love <3)

In my opinion we all know that DDC as a clan is built on trusted, loyal and mature members. Most of the members are not active, usually because they are busy with living their life. When we join because we have some time is not much, but it could be time spent useful.
I often see that spammers or players that like to insult join the server, while admins are not online. Since DDC - the clan and the server share the same name I think that (here comes the drama part) should have at least some power on the server, like muting players if necessary. I don't think that's much to ask, and the server stays cleaner too.
You could say I'm power hungry, I don't care much at all. I thought this is something that could make the server more liveable, and it doesn't hurt anyone.

I didn't make this whole topic just to find a way around getting an admin and ignoring the yellow card. Just something I thought I'd share.

Thanks for reading, bye.

• playing since 2020
  • Awards Mr.Annoying / PCA 19 Mr.Change Bad / PCA 19 Best Cross Players Best Cross Admins For people with a driver's licence Mr.Annoying / PCA 17
Re: Admin requests and DDC as a clan in the community
« Reply #1 on: 15. July 2020, 20:02:19 »
well, i was admin too on almost all servers (not hunter and linez) with stieg around and i didn't had any abuse report. But as you can see there are new people wich lead this community now,  and they see ''abuse and imaturity'' if you don't think like a robot. What you're saying here it's right, but for me it's useless to try to improve something around anymore.
(click to show/hide)

• Be the change you want to see in the World
« Reply #2 on: 15. July 2020, 20:07:46 »
Why did you have to bring my topic as an example... i feel offended!  :sarcasm:

To be quite honest i don't think DDC members should get any benefits just based on them being a member of the clan. Yeah we all know that DDC is a clan full of mature players (except Aliomar which i still have no idea how he even was accepted in the first place) but you have to show that you really deserve a level, either by being active or helping out in the community in some way.

As for you not getting level, yeah i'm shocked too by that decision based on me knowing you, but lets be honest you didn't put any effort into it. You didn't even try to put a good reason for getting admin (if i remember correctly it was something about banning people and forcing maps). Also your activity wasn't that good back then, but i have seen you more active nowadays. If you put some more effort in getting a level i'm sure you will get it.

That's  my opinion on the situation and i hope there's no hard feelings.

Peace

« Reply #3 on: 15. July 2020, 20:17:34 »
but lets be honest you didn't put any effort into it..
Yes you're right, I didn't put any effort into it just like anyone else. Also thought that leaders know me well enough that they don't decide based on the topic. Seems like I was wrong.

You didn't even try to put a good reason for getting admin (if i remember correctly it was something about banning people and forcing maps).
Yes, it was an obvious joke. I don't think that someone becomes a leader while doing that. Even though it might have happened. ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

• https://discord.gg/zWShEWS
  • Awards Mr.Admin / PCA 19
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: 15. July 2020, 20:28:26 »
but lets be honest you didn't put any effort into it..
Yes you're right, I didn't put any effort into it just like anyone else. Also thought that leaders know me well enough that they don't decide based on the topic. Seems like I was wrong.

I just want to clearify how we (ygtz and me) decide who gets a level and who don't:

- If we don't know the person we keep an eye on him and see how he reacts to some situations.
- If we think he can handle the specific level we look at his/her ingame activity because that is also important

About Cefi's request,
yes it is very poor made but he can allow himself to do it because we already know how he handles different situations and his activity is always increasing

And overall the admin system is bs on DDC
« Last Edit: 15. July 2020, 20:30:21 by Zunii »

• You win or you die, there's no middle ground.
  • Awards Mr.Awesome / PCA 19 Mr.Good Looking / PCA 19 Mr.Change Good / PCA 19 Mr.Abuser / PCA 19 Players Choice Awards For people who work a lot Given to people who post well written messages For people who joined DDC community in 2009
« Reply #5 on: 15. July 2020, 20:53:04 »
:21:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

• Can't get rid of me since 2009
  • Awards Mr.Annoying / PCA 19
« Reply #6 on: 15. July 2020, 23:25:13 »
Honestly I just want /nm to not waste money and/or wait for the countdown and I feel that most of the people applying for level 7 have this main thought behind their request  :bn:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 15. July 2020, 23:28:07 by HalfScoper »

Maps on server: HalfScoping DD - Don't Trust Your Eyes DD - Cross (SSoA Edition) - Ich War Noch Niemals In New York - Rushing Through Los Santos - Third time's a Charm - Albtraum (ft. Zunii)

• Ready to consume, all hope?
  • Awards Red Daily - 3rd place
« Reply #7 on: 16. July 2020, 02:00:28 »

(click to show/hide)

• https://discord.gg/zWShEWS
  • Awards Mr.Admin / PCA 19
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: 16. July 2020, 10:10:40 »
:21:

Why even apply for an admin level on every arena and not apply for admin that works globally
and change the commands on some levels

• Less is more.
  • Awards For skilled photoshop users For people with a driver's licence People who make award badges
« Reply #9 on: 16. July 2020, 10:20:23 »
I think the admin system on our server is quite good as it is, allowing any player from any clan to get admin rights is a good thing for those who are active in the community without wanting to join DDC clan.

BUT

DDC clan is the main clan of DDC server and will always be. People who are in are old and trusted players, it's obvious anyone of us, with our experience and knowledge of the game and the community, could even handle the ownership of DDC. I find it quite ridiculous some members of the clan need to justify themselves to rands (okno) - people probably have a smaller experience of the game than them - about why they deserve a level. I already suggested the following idea two times to the owners in the last two years and I still believe it's a good idea, just common sense at least: any member of DDC who shows a consistent activity in game should get a Global 5 level, that's it.

Er1k's got a yellow card at the moment so maybe his case is different until he gets rid of it but c'mon, it hurts my eyes to read admin applications from DDC members with one word per line, it's ridiculous.

« Reply #10 on: 16. July 2020, 15:44:40 »
lulz, that drama about who gets admin, and who doesn't will always exist at DDC aslong you keep giving Admin to random plebs, and since the DDC Community has always been about "everyone can be involved" everyone can have a chance to get some Power-feelings to push their EGO.. :P  :aPW5JVy: :sarcasm:
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize

(click to show/hide)

• Be the change you want to see in the World
« Reply #11 on: 16. July 2020, 16:35:10 »
any member of DDC who shows a consistent activity in game should get a Global 5 level, that's it.
Since one of the owners is Macedonian all Macedonians with consistent activity should get level 9+ global  ¿°͜ʖ°?

(click to show/hide)

• norbx
  • Level 2 technician
« Reply #12 on: 17. July 2020, 03:31:41 »
The idea of having admin levels for each member of the representative clans have been discussed since ages. After infinite numbers of polemic it still has never been reached and to my point of view right now it's beyond useless at least 'cause the current admin system is turbo outdated if I can say so. Reworking it wouldn't be bad after all.

• You win or you die, there's no middle ground.
  • Awards Mr.Awesome / PCA 19 Mr.Good Looking / PCA 19 Mr.Change Good / PCA 19 Mr.Abuser / PCA 19 Players Choice Awards For people who work a lot Given to people who post well written messages For people who joined DDC community in 2009
« Reply #13 on: 17. July 2020, 18:15:26 »
Since everyone seems to think the admin system needs to be reworked / changed, why has there been no suggestions? We do have the suggestions topic for a reason and we didn't say we don't want to rework it. If we receive a good enough and detailed suggestion that people seem to like, I don't see why we wouldn't do it. As for DDC members getting rights, I believe this topic has been discussed multiple times in the past and ultimately denied.  However, if a big number of people within the community seem to think that it should be implemented, I will discuss it once more with No1se and the other owners.
Please refer to the suggestions topic if you have suggestions regarding this matter.

Majestic

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)